Privacy Friendly Analytics is a glorified hit-counter - it's designed to capture details that are useful for improving delivery without capturing user-specific information.
The original design/rationale can be found in the post Designing Privacy Friendly Analytics
Version 0.1 implements the basic functionality of PF Analytics
- Capture calling page path and domain
- Capture referrer info where available
- Capture browsing platform (e.g.
- Capture user's timezone
- Generate a short-lived session identifier to prevent write collisions
- Randomly rotate that identifier
- Integrate with videos.bentasker.co.uk