Localchat is a simple and lightweight chat application. It's primary purpose (as defined in SC-2) is to provide a means for an Off-The-Record transient chat
It is not designed to be stood up and exposed to the internet at large. Instead, the primary intended means of use is to deploy in on a new system, have user's SSH tunnel in to use it and then discard the system once that chat has completed.
In other words, it's not designed as a generic chat application, but as one to be used for clandestine chats that are hard to monitor/intercept
A full list of issues under this version can be found here
V0.0.2 is the first formal release of LocalChat, as the previous version v0.0.1a simply implemented the PoC capabilities.
- Room Admins can kick and ban
- Basic End to End Encryption support in client
- Server automatically purges old messages from queue
- Server will automatically close rooms after predefined period of idleness
- Direct Messaging support within a room
- Add verb to message payload - LOC-16
- Test harness created
- Users can no longer pretend to be SYSTEM
- Client will exit with an exception if another user uses the wrong E2E key
- Users could spoof the sending user's name when sending messages