I originally began the 'Getting Started with Linux" series in November 2006. Although a lot of the information is now outdated, thanks in part to work on User Interfaces, I hope the series will still be able to answer some of the questions that those new to Linux often have.
Originally six sections were planned but, unfortunately, I never found the time to write the final two;
- Introduction Part One - Why use Linux?
- Introduction Part Two - Hardware
- Getting Started With Linux Part One
- Installing Software
- Configuring Additional Keys on your Keyboard
- Window Managers and Desktop Environments
I also made a 'revision' script available here.