Mod_GoogPlusFeed is a simple module designed to embed your (public) Google+ posts into a Joomla! site. It allows visitors and search-engines to see your latest posts.
The core principles when building the module were
- Shouldn't slow page loads
- Shouldn't contain un-necessary chrome
- Should display posts to Google+
The documentation details the use and configuration of the module in more depth, however as a summary the module supports
- Light and Dark themes
- Customisable Date display formats
- Direct link to Post
- Direct link to Google+ profile
- Support for caching
- Display of posts within a Google Community
The module comes with a pre-configured Google+ API key, however it is recommended that you follow the steps in the documentation to create your own.
You can view Mod_GoogPlusFeed on my Demo Site.
New in Version 1.4
- Version 1.4 merges the Joomla! 2.5 and Joomla! 3.x versions, so the same package works on either version
- The module can now send a RPC Pingback to Google whenever your Google+ feed changes (see documentation for more information)